Monday, March 31, 2008

Lindt Vollmilch Mousse Caramel-Vanille


My favorite grocery store is the Edeka just around the corner from my house. The chocolate aisle, and there IS a chocolate aisle is roughly 25% Milka, 40% Lindt, and the rest is everything else. There’s always something new to try when I turn the corner.
Today I bought Lindt’s Vollmilch Mousse bar, flavored with Vanilla and Caramel. It’s one of their thick bars, designed to accommodate a milk chocolate mousse plus a vanilla-caramel layer. Yum! It’s a great combination of flavor and texture, with enough chocolatey goodness to keep you happy for a while.

Since I had large quantities of the Castelain milk chocolate I reviewed yesterday, I decided to do a head to head comparison.

The Castelain is a touch more smoky, but not really smoky, just more so than the Lindt. Smoky is the only word I can think of that makes sense at all.

Both are equally smooth, and I can’t really decide which one is better. They are just different. Ultimately I’ll have to give the edge to Lindt, since I love the added flavors, but the Castelain cannot be downgraded in the least.

Reviewed: Lindt Vollmilch Mousse Caramel-Vanille
Personality: Cuddly like a fuzzy kitten, yet has a better flavor
How to enjoy: Lock it away because it’s way too easy to eat twice as much as you ought to.

Rating:
1: Better than sex
2: Little bites of heaven
3: Share with your best friend
4: Will do in a pinch
5: Halloween candy

Where to buy:
any major grocery store
http://www.worldwidechocolate.com/

No comments: