Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Cote d'Or Mignonnette


Tomorrow I have the dubious privilege of taking a class to develop my professional skills. An online class (saves money). An 8 hour online class. I've got 3 phones charging, just so I can stay on the phone for the whole time. Oh, and I forgot to mention that the course is hosted in the US, so the class starts at 2 p.m. Germany time, and goes until 10 p.m. Swing shift, just to take a class.

I needed to print out many pages for the class, so I killed a tree this morning. At least I will be keeping the paper for a long time, so I put it in a binder. Before putting it in the folder, I needed to punch a few holes, so I walked over to the counter where we keep our hole punches. Why we have 4 hole punches, 3 of which are the same type, all located within 3 feet of each other, I'll never know.

Anyway, next to the hole punches was one of the many candy jars in our area. A glance in the jar showed this lonely little Cote d'Or bar, so I brought it home for a review and a nibble. This is a nice sized bar, just 10 grams, so you can eat it anytime.

Cote d'Or is made by Kraft, so to be perfectly honest, I wasn't expecting much. After all, Kraft recently had to recall a quantity of white baking chocolate because of suspected salmonella contamination.
This bar surprised me - it was much better than I thought it would be. Fine, it's not Michel Cluizel, but the price also fits. It's nicely dark, a touch bitter, but not at all bad, and smooth enough to enjoy.

Reviewed: Cote d'Or Mignonnette
Personality: Crisp, clean, dark horse
How to enjoy: Great budget chocolate which provides a nice dark chocolate bump

Rating:
1: Better than sex
2: Little bites of heaven
3: Share with your best friend
4: Will do in a pinch
5: Halloween candy

Where to buy:
Germany: major grocery stores
USA: Bed Bath and Beyond (I kid you not)
UK: Tesco, Waitrose, Sainsbury's

No comments: