Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Ferrero Duplo zartbitter



Ferrero Duplo regular leaves me cold. It’s too sweet, the milk chocolate isn’t very chocolatey, and I don’t bother with it unless I have a really strong chocolate craving and nothing else is available. Same can be said for regular KitKats.
Then I discovered KitKat dark chocolate. Mmmm,. Much better. When I saw dark Duplo in the store yesterday, I knew I had to try them.
Now Duplo is made by Ferrero, the makers of Rocher. Rochers are one of my favorite candies, better than a candy bar because they are small, and not as expensive as high-class pralines. With Rocher, Ferrero has proven itself quite capable with light crunchy wafers and nougat cream.
How did they do with Duplo? Just as good. Certainly, Duplo doesn’t have that lovely crunchy hazelnut that the Rocher has, but if I want a little candy bar, and the dark Duplo is there, it’s a good choice for something light.
What’s better – KitKat or Duplo? Duplo, hands down.

Reviewed: Duplo zartbitter
Personality: Rocher’s candy bar
How to enjoy: OK, I brought one into work, but it didn’t last 15 minutes. So sue me. I’ll skip dessert today.
Rating:
1: Better than sex
2: Little bites of heaven
3: Share with your best friend
4: Will do in a pinch
5: Halloween candy

Where to buy:
Grocery stores in Germany.
USA: http://www.germandeli.com/ (maybe not the dark – you’ll have to ask
Ferrero: http://www.ferrero.com/eng/index.html

No comments: