Friday, June 13, 2008

Coppeneur Trinkpralines


Hot chocolate is delicious. So are chocolate pralines. I also remember fondly how a café in Eindhoven, The Netherlands would put a piece of chocolate in their coffee cups as they served it. That was a wonderful treat at the bottom of my cup.

When coppeneur came out with Trinkpralines, drinkable candy, I was impressed. I immediately bought a package to try out.

As you see, the pralines are dark chocolate shells. Drop anywhere from a few to many of these in hot milk, and you will have a delicious hot chocolate. This particular flavor has a bonus of chili to give it a little boost.

That little boost wasn’t even close to enough. The chocolate wouldn’t melt and dissolve properly, and regardless of how I heated the milk, I couldn’t get it to work. It wasn’t gritty or anything, clearly the chocolate is good, but it never became hot chocolate.

Sigh.

Reviewed: Coppeneur Trinkpralines
Personality: Clumsy, like the guy who keeps falling over his own feet
How to enjoy: Enjoy looking at them on the shelf, then buy something else from Coppeneur that you can chew

Rating:
1: Better than sex
2: Little bites of heaven
3: Share with your best friend
4: Will do in a pinch
5: Halloween candy

Where to buy:
Gourmet food stores. I bought mine in Stuttgart at some place whose name escapes me at the moment.

No comments: