Saturday, January 26, 2008

Cafe Stolz cakes


There's just no point in telling those of you outside of Stuttgart about Cafe Stolz, because there's no konditorei like it anywhere else in the world. The Konditor was the German vice-master of Konditors and Patissiers in 2005. So you know where I'm coming from when I tell you we have two of the best slices of cake in town today for our coffee time.
And, to make it even better, I just ordered my birthday cake from these master bakers from Fellbach.
The first piece is a chocolate and hazelnut mousse with a sponge in-between the layers, and the mousse is filled with many good things, especially the nuts. The second is a decadent chocolate mousse cake named Jupiter, layered with a lovely chocolate sponge. Don't think twice about the size of the pieces in the photo - we have to share these things, so these are two half-pieces instead of two whole pieces.
Pieces of heaven. I can't wait til my birthday next week to find out what's next.

Reviewed: Cafe Stolz Jupiter cake, plus one I forgot the name of.
Personality: A master, really professional.
How to enjoy: Best for a special occasion, like a Saturday. Or a Sunday.

Rating:
1: Better than sex
2: Little bites of heaven
3: Share with your best friend
4: Will do in a pinch
5: Halloween candy

Where to buy:
Germany: http://www.cafe-stolz.de/

No comments: